Statement of Intent
Students and staff coming into school with a smile on their face. They are happy to be at Watling Academy. They like coming to school. Of course there are some things they like more than others, but the good things far outweigh the not so good things. Attendance is outstanding and engagement in class and in out of class activities is high. Everybody knows somebody! They feel safe and are kind! That’s what we want to achieve to support positive mental health and well-being for all members of our community!
We are committed to providing a healthy and caring environment that promotes and supports positive mental health and well-being for our students, staff and our Watling community. We are passionate about making a difference and positive mental health is vital to what we do as an academy; it underpins the crucial work we carry out to support students, staff and their families. We are active participants in ensuring our core values of Respect, Responsibility and Kindness are evident in all that we do, ensuring that no student is anonymous.
By considering student and staff well-being in all aspects of school life, a positive, healthy environment in which we all pull together promotes and improves student engagement, performance and achievement which in turn gives everyone an opportunity to develop and achieve their full potential.
What Inclusion and Effective Mental Health and Well-being means to us
- No student is anonymous
- We prioritise those who need our help most, but we intervene with all
- We respond to individual need and put in place personalised support strategies to help each individual
- We are both pro-active and reactive in supporting the well-being of members of our Community
- We always act with Respect, Responsibility and Kindness
- We act on all reported issues concerning mental health and well-being
- The safeguarding of all is paramount!
- We use praise and we smile!
Health and Well-being – a supporting document for students and parents
Please find below documents that outline support which is available for the following areas:
|Child Sexual Exploitation
|Drugs & Alcohol
|SEND & Autism
|Online Sexual Harassment