At Watling we firmly believe that the wearing of the Academy uniform helps to instil pride, supports positive behaviour and encourages students to identify with the Academy and it’s ethos. It ensures all students from all backgrounds feel welcome and helps in protecting them from social pressures to dress in a particular way.
As representatives of the Academy within the community we expect all students to always uphold the highest standards of uniform, including journeys to and from the Academy.
Maisies are the Academy’s designated supplier of Academy blazers, skirts, ties and the compulsory items of the PE kit. Maisies also offer the complementary items, such as shirts and trousers, plus other ancillary items. These products can also be bought from a range of other suppliers such as larger supermarkets.
We fully believe that the cost of a school uniform should not be a limiting factor in parents’ choice of Secondary school. Therefore, we have worked hard to keep the number of branded items to the minimum required to achieve a clear identity for our students and for them to look smart. In line with our ethos of Milton Keynes community links we use a local stockist that provides good value for money and will review this biannually. Our PTA facilitate a ‘Pre-loved uniform selection’ and parents are welcome to contact us to access the range of items available.
Maisies of Wolverton
For further information please visit website:
Telephone number: 01908 313313
The Store’s address is: 60-64 Church Street, Wolverton, MK12 5JW.
All students are required to wear-
- Royal blue Watling Academy blazer embroidered with Academy logo.
- A Watling Academy tie.
- Regulation plain white buttoned shirt with a collar. “Fashion” alternatives to the regulation shirt are not allowed.
- Students may choose from the following-
- Full length grey tailored trousers (not black trousers, leggings, jeggings or chinos).
- Watling Academy royal blue tartan skirt.
- Students may choose from the following-
- Dark coloured (black/navy/grey) plain socks or
- Black tights (plain).
Students may also choose to wear-
- An optional royal blue Watling Academy V-neck jumper
The following items of uniform are only available from our stockist, Maisie’s, in Wolverton.
- Watling Academy blazer with logo
- Watling Academy tie
- Royal blue tartan skirt
- Optional V neck jumper
Parents should note that just because an item is sold within a uniform section in a shop does not mean that it complies with Watling Academy uniform requirements.
- Students are required to wear formal black school shoes, black trainers are not permitted (these include Vans, Converse, Nike Air Force 1).
- Canvas shoes of any type and boots above ankle height of any type (including leather) will not be allowed. Shoes must be plain in colour without coloured trim or stitching.
- Boots may only be worn in extreme weather conditions for travelling to and from the Academy. Student’s usual shoes should be brought to change into.
- Polo shirt with Academy Logo.
- Shorts, tracksuit trousers or leggings with Academy Logo
- Academy sports socks.
- Quarter-zip tracksuit top with Academy logo or Watling Academy rugby shirt.
- Shin pads
- Mouth guard
- Plain black base layers (to be worn underneath their PE uniform).
Academy PE Kit (excluding trainers and base layers) is only available from our uniform stockist, Maisies, in Wolverton.
All PE/Games kit should all be clearly marked with the student’s name.
Footwear Requirements for PE
Students are required to have two pairs of footwear one indoor and one for outdoor activities.
Indoor footwear (trainers)- should have non-marking soles.
Outdoor footwear – Astros or moulded studded boots
General Uniform Requirements
- All articles of clothing should be clearly marked with the student’s name.
- Jewellery must not be worn. The only exception is a small pair of stud earrings – (one stud in each ear). There must be no other visible piercings – this includes nose piercings, tongue piercings and any type of ‘stretchers’. In PE and some practical lessons students will be required to remove their earrings.
- Extremes of hair colour and hairstyle or patterns (including lines) are not allowed.
- If a belt is worn it should be plain and black.
- Hijabs should be worn in accordance with Academy uniform colours – Black/Navy/Royal Blue.
- Hair items that are worn to keep long hair off the face and should be plain, discreet, and black or dark blue in colour.
- Sweatshirts/hoodies/sports tops with logos are not allowed.
- Coloured nail varnish must not be worn. Students should not wear false or gel nails.
- Makeup, including eye makeup or lipstick, is not encouraged and certainly should not be obvious.